IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR. THE BIGGEST EVENT ON THE CANBERRA RACING CALENDAR, BLACK OPAL STAKES, IS ALMOST HERE.
Yes, it’s on Sunday and if you’re a true Canberran, you’ve left getting your tickets and outfit until the very last minute. Am I reading your mind? No worries, I’ve got your back.
I’ve judged Fashions on the Field for the last four years, so I have some photos to share with you to help with outfit inspiration. Also, a few tips if you’re thinking of entering Fashions. Giddy up.
- It’s ALL about having FUN with your outfit! Go bold and make a statement with your original headpiece.
- This is the day to be fashion forward, so follow what you’ve seen on the runway. Be cheeky, but don’t forget to apply race day elegance.
- We’ve moved into Autumn, so think warmer colours. Maroons, deep pinks and greens are on trend. Felt, leather and heavier materials should be incorporated into your outfit.
- It’s meant to be raining on Sunday, so matching gloves and a retro umbrella could be a nice touch?
Men, more than ever we’re looking to you to go all out.
- It’s ALL about the three-piece suit, the double-breasted suit and your attention to detail.
- A fun pair of socks or a great pocket square will go a long way with us.
- You’ll see in the photos post winners have accessorised with hats, lapel clips and streaks of colour undershirt collars.
Enjoy the pics from past fashion winners.. hope you find the perfect ensemble and even more importantly, have a blast.
Love from your Thoroughbred Park Ambassador,